We’re committed to keeping your personal information safe and confidential both online and offline.
This is our privacy statement. It explains how Target Publishing, including its website, mobile apps, subsidiary websites and booking systems obtains, uses and keeps your information safe.
We may change this privacy statement from time to time by updating this page, therefore you should continue to check this page to ensure you are happy with any changes. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Our commitment to you
What we collect from you
When you order a subscription, book a place at a conference, register free for a webinar or event, sign up to any free e-newsletter or digital subscription, or meet us at an exhibition or conference, we will collect any or all of the following information:
Your name, contact (telephone, mail and e-mail addresses), and billing information, transaction and credit card information.
We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our product or service and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about other relevant product or service.
Some pages on our website automatically collect the following types of information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What we do with the information we collect from you
We may use the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- For administration and customer services
- To deliver our services to you and provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- For marketing, including informing you about services which we offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (unless you tell us that you do not want to receive this information)
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you – e.g if you have a subscription to Integrative Healthcare and Applied Nutrition magazine you may be contacted by relevant companies supplying products in an area you have show a legitimate interest in.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- To analyse your purchasing preferences and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, including monitoring customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our website and provide content that is of interest to you, and to improve the services which we offer to customers.
- We may share some of your information with advertisers, ad servers and ad networks to deliver targeted advertising both on our websites and on selected partner websites but this will not include any information which directly identifies you. However, by interacting with or viewing an advert, you should be aware that the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advert.
- If you attend a free webinar we may pass your information to the webinar sponsor and/or speaker, including any information from your attendance, including but not limited to the duration you attended and any questions asked.
Online Behavioural Advertising
We may use an advertising service called online behavioural advertising (OBA). This allows us to deliver targeted advertising to the visitors of our websites. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with the website. For example, if you have been reading a lot of natural health articles, you may be shown more adverts for natural health.
None of the OBA techniques used will collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number.
If you would like more information regarding OBA and how to opt out, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Disclosure of your information
We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes of delivering the services to you.
We may also share your information with our affiliates and/or business partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations’ goods and services, unless you have told us that you don’t want us to do this. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our affiliates and/or business partners other than the information you have requested, please indicate this on your Booking Request or contact us using the details below. You may change your mind about the permission you have given us to use your personal information at any time.
If we (or any part of us) enter into a joint venture or are sold, transferred to or merged with another business entity or if our business structure changes, the information we hold about you may be disclosed to the new business partners or owners, although your personal information will still only be used in accordance with these Terms.
Where we store your personal data
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected in the same way that it is in the UK.
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We may retain your personal information after we have ceased using it for the purposes set out in these Terms, or for as long as the law requires.
How do we keep your data secure?
Our servers are protected using HTTP and SSL technology and our database is password protected with set copy, print and export privileges in place, so whilst your data is in our care we know it’s as secure as it can be. Our staff are trained in data security, and our staff policies and procedures help our staff to understand what is required of them under their obligations to us, and also their responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other privacy legislation.
The internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Target Publishing shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You are entitled to obtain details of the information that we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee). You may also ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you or your marketing preferences to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Target Publishing Ltd, The Old Dairy, Hudsons Farm, Fieldgate Lane, Ugley Green, CM22 6HJ.
Your right to be forgotten
If you would like to be removed completely from our database please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to Target Publishing Ltd, The Old Dairy, Hudsons Farm, Fieldgate Lane, Ugley Green, CM22 6HJ. Please note, if you sign up for any product or service in the future your data will be processed in accordance to the above terms.
Registered with the ICO, registration number: Z8081445
Last updated: 2/3/2018 in line with GDPR regulations.